Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Midnight Love

Today I am reborn in love and spent in its pain;
I now love and live only in you.

So much in love and so much in pain the opposites crush and break me;
I crave to melt into your warmth which dissolves me, my love, my pain…

You make me think so many thoughts and ask so many questions
Till your words and doings make me directionless and I shudder to know the answers, true and untrue.

You shake me out of the darkest slumbers only to make me dream the wildest dreams.
You help me find myself only so that I lose me in you one more time.

How many hopes will you crush that arouse innumerable desires?
How long will my heart blossom to see you and bleed to never find you mine?

You are so far away yet I sense your calming presence.
And in your sweet embrace I hear the echo of distance.

I search you in the music I hear, in the verses I read, in the fragrance I breathe…
And yet find you simply by closing my eyes!

Are you real?
Or only a magic that vanishes the moment I want to touch, feel, belong?

The more I pursue, the more you evade-
The more I resist, the more you flood me with love and beauty.

Love me or leave me,
I plead, I writhe, and yet only gleam in your glow.

Do not love only to leave,
And do not leave only to make me love you more.

Wasted in your trying, I cry sweet-bitter tears,
Through which reflects your soothing smile.

I cannot understand myself anymore,
I need you to decipher me piece by piece.

Come hold me tight-
Until I die and live forever in you alone.

-Monica

4 comments:

  1. Freaking breathtaking...I have no words, Monica.

    May you forever be in love if it makes you such a poet.

    Incidentally, just noticed all your posts start with 'M'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shasi thank you girl.....I can't tell you how crazy I have been.....or maybe you just know, right?

    Hope love remains for me to be in love forever......fingers crossed for so long....it aches :-)

    M factor, didn't i mention I was a narcissist? (hope i have spelt it right for once in my life)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one is the best so far out of all the dirges up here from you.....
    but that's essentially from the 'lit' point of view. i guess the emotions in yor other pieces are too genuine to be tidied up in the usual spring cleaning edit one does after finishing a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dhrubaa for reading and commenting....hmmm I must take your 'expert advice' :-) and do some spring cleaning job now on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete