Monday, June 29, 2009

Connect

I see you soaking in the rains, like you were born to smile
Enjoying the splash and the thunder, joy being yours naturally

I see you collecting the colors of flowers and smile like one of them
Red, violets, pinks, blues, like all hues belong alone to you

I see you speak incessantly until you absorb everyone around
I see you win hearts easily, like the world is out there to conquer and keep

Your joy, your blithe, your mirth is infectious, you carry away everyone in your wake
In a trace all hearts move to your tunes and yearn and pine for you

I try to belong too, to be a part of your world
To be carefree and cheerful and learn to smile like you

And then I find the rain drops mingled with your tears
And I find the shadows amidst all your colors
The hurt in your voice echoes the deepest pain
And all the laughter of the world seems only insane

I reach out to touch you, and feel the wetness of the skies
I want to hug you tightly and take away all aches

I see you fading away into the grey downpours
I smile fondly from a distance knowing we cannot be far

Now I know I belong to you or maybe we belong together
Our bond of affliction binds us in affection

-Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment