Saturday, June 20, 2009

Farewell...

I have loved you so much, passion is a part of me;
I have missed you so much, longing is a part of me;

I have trusted you so much, faith is a part of me;
I have worshiped you so much, devotion is a part of me;

I have cared for you so much, affection is a part of me;
I have experienced your innocence so much, beauty is a part of me;

I have shared so much happiness with you, bliss is a part of me;
I have cried so much for you, pain is a part of me;

I have shared so many moments with you, timelessness is a part of me;
I have dreamt so much with you, imagination is a part of me;

I have lost myself so much in you, searching is a part of me;
I have found so much support in you, dependence is a part of me;

I have hoped so much in you, desperation is a part of me;
I have expected so much from you, truth is a part of me;

I owe you all the passion, longing, faith, devotion, affection, beauty, bliss, pain, timelessness, imagination, dependence, desperation, truth…

I have internalized you so much, you are a part of me.

Now all that remains to become a part of me is the moving on…
So I walk with you in me and leave you nothing of yourself.

I take it all in me and secure you as a precious memory in the deepest folds of my heart.

I set you free now, to move on too, but bereft of you and of me;
And smile as the distance grows with all the endurance you gave me as our parting gift.


-Mon

2 comments: