Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Shattered, Scarred, Scathed

I was wandering through my lost world,
But at some point I slipped; unknown, unawares, oblivious.
A thousand pieces shattered on the scarred floor.
From the deep blues, I looked into my mirror,
A distorted image reflected back.

My once light transparent eyes are now charred and dead.
The fair skin now tainted with deep dark circles into which my eyes are drowning slowly but surely.
The smile a trace of a faint dark shadow.
The tears a seamless stain.

I stink.
Every part of me aches, pains, hurts.
There are cobwebs all over me.
Everything within bleeds and everything without is scathed.

Cold water cleansing proves futile in purifying.
Any touch makes the wounds burn.
The attempt to heal only causes more blisters that prick.

I am trying to pick each scattered piece and put it back to where it belonged,
A mismatched jigsaw is the result.

-Monica

3 comments:

  1. LOVED it! Sylvia Plath would be proud of such a disciple. :)

    I know you'll get the jigsaw back again, Mon, it'll just take time and a few more tears to glue everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am humbled Shasi. True -time, tears, and my sweetheart of an agony aunt....you know who:-) Love you dear.

    Thanks for being there always and yes for reading and commenting too!

    ReplyDelete