Friday, July 3, 2009

Home Coming!

I am home finally after a month long gap...yes one month is long enough when you stay only 200km or 4 hours train journey away from home. I was in the classic to go or not to go dilemma until I boarded the train and as always am glad I have come.

Ma ke haath ka bana khana and Dal-Chawal at that is a perfect welcome. The weather here is perfectly romantic, pleasant and has made me all dreamy. It is sad that I am working from home and my shift is not yet over (that I am blogging quite explains how much I like my work!!!)

While I must be grateful to ma for the lovely food and daddy for his nonsense jokes, my stress busters.......I am actually thankful really to my me time here. I have increasingly started feeling a concern that I am not spending time with myself. So here is an evening to I, me, myself!

I'll go swimming and ctach a cold. Walk uphill to the sunset point on temple hill and court my imaginary love while feeling the moist and angry wind caressing and scathing equally. Wish a million times we could be together holding hands looking at the sun set with all its golden-orange hues..... and then walk back alone with a heavy heart and poetry in making mentally.

The sound of silence on the walk back and a million thoughts will come crowding my mind, all until it just stops and I walk back bang into the middle of the bazaar. Shopping and eating cannot be off the agenda, even if it is just small nothings and good ol' paani puri and yes the mango ice cream certainly lifts the spirits now, doesn't it :-)

Back home to some mom-daugther talk, a delicious dinner (i know already it is sabudana kitchdi - why does ma have to immer pretend she does not love me...my fav dishes being cooked says it all ma, stop being the kid, will ya?), tel maalish by expert daddy (yes yes I make my dad oil my hair still and guess what feel great about it too!), the mid-night coffee made stealthily and the final curling up with a book........a perfect friday.

Time to logoff and take the dip now, don't you agree?

I fall short of words and expressions, am just so happy and at peace with the chaos within and the poise outside.

-Monica

1 comment:

  1. Romantic, pleasant, high spirited, feel good words.. thats a new Monica on the blog.. I hope this always stays.. Loneliness always makes a person sad.. it is not a good companion.. I also feel sad when I am lonely.. So... good to hear that your had a great time...

    ReplyDelete