Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kahin door jab...

"kabhi to ye dil kahin mil nahi pate
kahin se nikal aaye janmo ke nate
ghani si ulzhan, bairi apna man
apna hi hoke sahe dard paraye"

.....few of the most beautiul lines that ring truer every time I hear them. I hear them now and I cry ceaselessly. I love my lonliness and smile effortlessly. I feel a heavniess encompassing me and yet it feels strangely calming. Maybe being aloof also means being free. Too many thoughts ruuning through my mind at the moment, I find it difficult to express anything. The moments melt away in the melody of the music. I dissolve into the space and I do not exist or maybe I do not want to exist. For some reason the last desire has died too. I gaze into the flickering flame of the candle and seek solace in its diminishing. I know that is what I want to be, I want to be a candle, to flicker and dwindle away, with memories of lighting up the darkness and yet leaving no trace in brightness. I hold my palm over the dying flame, the burn feels soothing. I enclose the warmth in my fist and feel the strength growing in me. I look into the mirror and smile feeling fulfilled and at peace with my numbness.

-Monica

2 comments:

  1. Lyrics for this song are written by Yogesh. Also for Zindagi...kaisi hai paheli. Hope you like Jiya jaayena.. by Gulzar too.

    Lyricist Yogesh has written for other movies like Barrister, Love in Canada, I Love You, Chatpatee, Lakhon ki baat, Bada kabutar etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it was too cold out there... Maybe the dying flame did the trick.. However, if you want to be a candle, enjoy life and dont be sad.. One more phrase from the same song..

    "Kabhi Yun Hi Jab Hui Bojhal Saansen
    Bhar Aai Baithe Baithe Jab Yun Hi Aankhen
    Kabhi Machal Ke Pyar Se Chal Ke
    Chhuye Koi Mujhe Par Nazar Na Aaye"...

    Look around and you will see beauty and love...

    ReplyDelete