Monday, January 4, 2010

Purple, Purple, Purple...

Purple purple purple
It is purple thorns everywhere
A thorn called guilt
A thorn called shame
A thorn called pain
They prick and make me bleed a dark blood
I pull them out one by one
They leave deep gashes all over me
The bleeding gashes sooth me now
And cast their dark shadows
I hide in the purple darkness
Afraid of sun and light
I shield in the pain of isolation
Scarred but scared of your healing love
I close I shut I stop
No more No more No more
I stop trying to make you mine
I stop hoping for togetherness
I stop breathing your fragrance
I stop craving your warmth
I know my place and that of all
I know I will never belong
Purple thorns, purple gashes, purple shadows are all mine
The thorns don’t prick and the blood has stopped
But the throbbing remains and ever will
I scratch the wounds where they hurt most
But the blood has gone dead cold
They find expression in my tears
The salty tears I drink
I take a piece of ice and rub the purple anew
Purple purple purple
The marks are all that’s left

-Monica

5 comments:

  1. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/2551954803_a742908cd9.jpg

    Purple & Blue make Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look Blue Go Purple (LBGP) was a famous music band in New Zealand in the early eighties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/2551954803_a742908cd9.jpg

    ....hmm so you a photographer as well, not to mention music connoisseur too!!!!

    Now let me guess your identity...is this Amit? Arvind?....who?

    BTW 'Purple & Blue make Indigo'......good title for my next poem, can I steal ;-)??????

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the reference to my previous comment, if we make Blue as the color of Love.. we can make Purple as the color of helplessness in love.. What say??

    ReplyDelete