Friday, January 8, 2010

Open-Close-Harmony

I close my eyes
And the silvers shimmer
I open them
And the magic breaks

I close my eyes
And the stars sing out
I open them
To find deadness prevails

I close my eyes
And glow in love
I open them
To freeze in pain

I spend a day
I spend a night
And then I open and close again

I close my eyes
And chaos chimes
I open them
To a hollow voice

I close my eyes
With pounding thunders
I open them
To bleeding thoughts

I close my eyes
In ruthless turmoil
I open them
In frigid rigidity

…And then on some empty, vacant, bare day,
I close my eyes
And darkness engulfs
I open them
To be soothed by dark
….My Harmony

-Monica

7 comments:

  1. "Statutory Warning: This poetess can be addictive."

    Really MH, this, I liked best so far.
    If you consider publishing a book, it can't go without my illustrations. hoookay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Arvind thanks so much....loved the statutory warning....by the way are those anonomous comments on the last 2 poems yours?

    And your illustrations if i ever write a book....not only with pleasure but with honor too sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anon - having a time of your life aren't you? Remember happpiness is short-lived

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Never stop writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shasi.....coming from you this really helps......surely look up to you when it comes to writing and expression.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You open your eyes
    and see my comment,
    You close them
    and can feel the appreciation in it...

    Too good Mon.. One of your best work this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You appreciation is beautifully expressed Altaf. I accept it with open and close eyes :-) Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete