Friday, January 22, 2010

A litlle bit of it...

I want a simple day
Not one filled with sunshine
But neither one thats clad in grey...

I want a serene sun down
Not one with melting hues
But neither one that besets darkness...

I want a silent night
Not one burning with passion
But neither one thats bereft in pain...

I want a piece of the sky
Not one with starry silvers
But neither one thats dipped in darkness...

I want a handful of earth
Not one with blossoms of nature
But neither one thats arid dry...

I want a gulp of the seas
Not one with a pearly bosom
But neither one thats a wild uproar...

I want a slice of happiness
Not one that lasts forever
But neither one that defines impermanance...

I want a bit of myself
Not one that knows not me
But neither one that is not you...

I want my share of sanity
Not one thats know and be all
But neither one thats devoid of the echo of insanity...

-Mon

5 comments:

  1. After reading this line..
    " I want a bit of myself
    Not one that knows not me
    But neither one that is not you..."...

    A dialog from Veer-Zaara struck me.. "Woh kehte hain ke main us jaisa nahi, fir kyun woh mujh jaise lagti hain"... I know there isn't any connection between the two lines.. But, thought of sharing it..

    Nice work Mon.. Keep going..

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always thanks Altaf for sharing your views and reading regularly. I am oblidged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poetry needn't be complicated to death to be powerful. You do that most of the time. Me like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me like that you like...thanks shas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice..charming in it's deep clear simplicity..but not without its share of earth..strictly belonging to humanosphere,.good.. cheers :)

    ReplyDelete