Friday, November 28, 2008

My sincere respects

While the unnatural and well devised death dance continues to take its toll on Mumbai, while we lose innocent lives at the count of a second, while we await with bated breath the next deafening sound, while we break our knuckles and gnash our teeth to hear false assurances one more time from the politicians, while we question where is raj thackeray's marathi manoos and how come he allows the honor of saving amchi Mumbai to be taken by non marathi cammandos, while we run to the microwave or put the gas off between breaks, while we keep sms-ing friends to know they are fine, while we hate the commericilization of the terror attack , and while we continue to expertly comment on how the god damned terrorists should be treated.....there are those who really plunged into action, those who took the road we never dared to take, those who knew well where the path ends, yet walked on it voluntarily, those who also have family and friends equally loving and caring, those who laid their lives to ensure we live.....to them I bow down and pay my sincere respects. I know Mumbai known to never stop has once again lost itlself into the grind of the mill with fear in heart and bravery on face, I know soon 26/11 will become another black date on the calendar to be rememberd each year, I know we will continue to pass popcorn comments on politicians, gnash our teeth with anger and complains that the country is going to the dogs, I know we are clapping our hands that the commando operations have been successful with the same enthusiasm when team India wins a cricket match or when the Indian hockey team of Chak de brought tears to our eyes, i know we will continue to pass the buck on by poiniting to another for every wrong, I know we will raise our voice only in self-defense, I know we will shamelessly await another terror attack in some part of the country to bring our sensitivities to life for those few hours.......so while I am in the awakened state and while the effect lasts, let me truly pay my respects because I will once again safely fall back into the stupor of mundane life till someone holds a knife to my throat.

- a very humbled and grateful me....just a common insignificant me

No comments:

Post a Comment