Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday My Dear Shahrukh

Hap Happy Birthday to You. My dear Shahrukh, wish you a wonderful birthday and many more to come. Nov 2, 11.30 pm IST, I know I might be one of the last ones to wish you on your special day, but then I have a reason and a reason that you are going to like, that is if ever you will read this of which I know there are zero chances, but I have sincerely believed, when one wishes from the heart it is always conveyed and though I am far away, have never met you, and will probably continue to love and revere you through your movies, I know somewhere deep within my heart that my humble wishes just like those of countless people would reach you and touch you. But well well, I have not forgotten the reason for the delayed wishes. I was torn between the strong desire to pen down my wishes for you before the end of the day and wanting to watch every scene of my favorite and your absolutely fantabulous Chak De which was being telecasted. And finally deciding to have the best of both world I have seen the movie, cried my heart out, once again realized you are the best actor our industry can ever have and sincerely said I love you Sharukh, as I say every time I watch you in a movie, in a TV show or even an ad and am typing here frantically to be able to post this before the stroke of midnight. And so my dear Shahrukh, yes I will say ‘my’ because in my own special way I own you, I have a right on you and am truly possessive about you. Nopes you are wrong if you think I am one of those bollywood crazy teenagers drooling and fantasizing about going on date with SRK……far from it. I am a common girl in a routine 9 to 5 job and believe in watching art movies or what the call movies for the classes. Yet this soon to be 27 year old forgets all maturity when she sees you on screen and with pride claims to be able to watch a movie for 3 hours even if all they show is Sharukh’s still in it. I feel lucky that my birthday falls in the same month as yours and all through my childhood I have hope wished and prayed that I should get a chance to meet you a tleast once in life. No fancy ideas of going on a date with you on a lonely island, no envying Gauri and no standing for hours outside Mannat, nopes I do none of that. I just hope very sincerely and wish for you that you may remain as wonderful and as untainted as ever! I idolize you, not by trying to sport clothes or glasses endorsed by you, but by hoping to learn from you the humility of the true artist and the honestly of the true human being. That if I ever feel low, all it would require is watching Chak De and feel motivated, if I ever feel hopeless then just looking at your willpower in Swades and if I ever feel un-ambitious then just watching the back stage reality of your shows would be enough to move on and take everything into stride. You have through your being taught me (and am sure all viewers who love you) that winning an argument is not success, being in news not popularity and disowning your origins not a fashion statement. Success is when you smile and the worlds smile with you and if ever your eyes moisten with grief then hands join to pray for your smile to be restored, popularity is when an uncontrollable mob transforms to a deafening silence once you are on stage and taking ownership and belonging are the strongest symbols of modernism. For all this and much more that can never be stated through words of an immature writer, I love you, idolize you and respect you with utmost purity in my heart and the innocence of a child. King of Bollywood, a heart throb of the globe, a universal celebrity, I would still not hesitate to call you my dear Shahrukh, and I know you will understand. Loads of love and honest wishes for you. Once again, wish you a wonderful birthday and many more to come.

In awe,
Monica

1 comment:

  1. Very unlike you. Though you claim not to be a drooling teenager, you sure sound like one.

    ReplyDelete