Saturday, April 4, 2009

Moods!

A friend, philosopher, guide recently gave me a thought to ponder about, he talked about monotones of blue as well as variety of colors and how both seem perfectly complete. Unknowingly I mulled over the idea and today on a spur I decided to classify my moods into colors.

My fav – The Black Coffee Blue Mood

Get up early morning and just stare at the ceiling fan like it is telling you a million stories, pouring out words and emotions creating a complete chaos within. That’s what creates the urge for the tall mug of absofab bitter black coffee. One kick and am hooked on to the disturbances that Morrison, Lessing, or Kafka superbly generate, till I slowly slip back into the comforting numbness. On impulse it is time for a guru dutt or likes flick till the acidic stomach growls for more black coffee. Caffeine pumped in and its pen and paper time or should I say lappy and keyboard time. The dark night is the best bit, unsettling questions, non convincing desires, un-healing pain, and just more bitter black coffee albeit mingled with the salts this time! Its cheers to the cracked and may I add crooked me.

Pretty Regular – The Rosy Pink Best Friend Mood

This is pretty much the outer me. Call upon friends and tease and pester them into pillow fights and mad dancing. Catch a movie, grab a grub or merely go on a shopping spree. Strengthen relationships over a cup of coffee or bury the blues in the drum beats of the disc. Pacify with a walk on the beach and then wish loads of love with bear hugs and wish loads of smiles when it is time to say good bye. Quite refreshing, it feels good while it lasts types I would say. Cheers to all the good times and the lovely friends that make up my normal world.

Scary when it is – The Loaded Red

Anger, violence and dark streaks come to the fore. The pills, the knives, and probably men are on the charts, just that the latter get dropped out as quickly as the former get embraced. Why? Men are too boring or maybe the knives and pills more fascinating, do I even need to think? It is sure shot drop dead scary, the desire and the temptation. A tussle begins between the sane and the insane and the result of the war decides whether it is cheers to the echo of insanity or yet again submission to an inevitable listless dawn.

Safely Rare – Passionate Orange

Keats, Yeats and Lawrence, come demanding attention after the dusty neglect. Poetry blossoms and my bare walls are painted with scribbling all over. This is the ultra magnetic mood, which even the bitter black coffee dare not disturb. It is time to get high with words and maybe then some sensible people do stand a chance. The grey certainly takes precedence over the black and the white and those with grey cells too over the mere plastic smiles morons. It is cheers to overflowing passion of creativity and this time in more senses than one ;-)

The Bliss of Solitude – The Calming Lavender

Why Lavender? I don’t know. Just feel it is soothing and pacifying, one color which lets me be as be, no questions asked and trust me I like it this way. So what does the lavender solitude amount to? It is my me time. I may switch off my cell and my world and be lost in myself or I may call upon a thousand and revive my connections. I may dress up and treat myself to an energetic dance performance or I may go back to the oldest cotton rags and just walk down memory road. It could be anything but one thing for sure trespassers not allowed strictly. Cheers to the essence of I, me, myself.

The Monotonous – Vanilla White

It is too monotonous and hopelessly boring to write about. Nevertheless, it is the typical work hour, day and week one labels routine. Does anyone even wanna know more?

PS: More moods and colors on a later Black day I suppose.

5 comments:

  1. lovely, lively piece with a dash of what was missing from fullness.. cheers!
    let's wait for many more rich strokes from the blue on some gentle rain and light filled days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ank, I sure take your words and advice. Hope next time you won't want to play the mean streak and comment on my post in my name and not add to the already exisiting impresiion of me being a snob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece of writing... Looking forward for more colors.. I'll go with Rosy Pink as my color.. Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was well-put...I also do this pretty often, compulsively almost...this whole colour-moods parallel...Nice...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So that makes it the two of us :-)...thanks fo teading n writing back...looking fwd to your next post.

    ReplyDelete