Monday, April 20, 2009

For the one in whom I find the beauty of life!

Each day I step one step further and if we begin to count I have walked for many days now. Each step takes me farther away from you and from us together. Then on a lonely peaceful night I look back and call out but we are far far away and I can’t see you and you can hear me no more.

The mountains of flour, the black and white keys, your paintings, your soft toys, your neat notebooks, weave the perfect backdrop for the play of nostalgia being performed by
memories on the stage of reminiscence.

I remember you with a smile and I remember you with a tear. I stretch out my hand in the hope that you will hug me and secure me a safe haven in your presence once again. But the mirror image reflects the real me whom you do not know and whom you had better not know.

I know you are only a call away and yet the lump in my throat prevents me from punching ten numbers. I close my eyes and do the only thing I can do. I wish one more time that you like your perfect self enjoy a perfectly blissful life full of love and happiness you so deserve.

4 comments:

  1. Mons...this mother theresa stuff doesn't realy suit you. :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey am no where close to being mother teresa.....am just Monica...thanks for reading and writing back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mon.. I can understand the feeling when seperated (or a better word that I can use is Distanced) from important person in ones life.. but life goes on and we have to learn the way of living.. its a process where we learn, then unlearn and then relearn the lesson of life.. Good article.. Keep on writing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading and sharing your views Altaf....yes the distace with family especially becomes trying at most times, but like you said one has to move on :-)......and then i have all you wonderful friends for my extended family, don't I....so cheers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete