Sunday, October 26, 2008

Deepawali Wishes!!!

Wish you and all your loved ones a very happy and prosperous Diwali.
I was sending out an email this morning to wish everyone a very happy Diwali and what I have scribbled below are the thoughts that crossed my mind and took the shape of the email I sent out.
Sometimes I wonder, aren't these festivals more than just new clothes, sweets, gifts and fun? To me the most important part of each festival is it makes us reconnect. I know it sounds ironic, is writing a one liner to wish festivities reconnecting? Perhaps not and still, yes it is. As I typed or selected each email id from the contacts list, I walked down the memory lane and remembered why this email id is in my address book. Each one at some point in time has been an active part of my life. Maybe a friend, a teacher, a mentor, a student, a co traveller.... but the best part is I remember each one distinctly. I also find in my list of email id-s that there are some contacts with whom I have just chatted online, some who read my blog and comment and some on whose blog I am a visitor!!!! It simply feels special to be a part of the life of so many lovely people. And then somewhere the whole distinction fades away. Some on the list are a part of my active life today, some have always been there and will ever remain a part of my very being, and some with whom I have lost. But hopefully, like with me, I hope with them also, out of sight does not mean out of mind. It brings fond tears to my eyes to remember at some point in time we have been an integral part of each other's life, personally or professionally and that has certainly helped me grow as a person and all I can say is the journey continues. I strongly believe people come and some people stay, but I equally I believe that no one ever goes out and away, because like I said we have shared the bond of togetherness at some point in time, and today whether we are together or far apart that bond of togetherness remains a part of the wonderful world of memories. I wish the best for you and hope that our paths will always cross, if not in Mumbai where I currently am, then certainly down the memory lane, where you and I permanently reside together. Happy festivities and loads of love.
-Monica

2 comments:

  1. To me the most important part of each festival is it makes us reconnect.

    The word reconnect has a hidden pain, does it implicitly means there was a disconnect?

    Yes of course reconnects are full of joy.

    And the following lines say something else...

    wish the best for you and hope that our paths will always cross, if not in Mumbai where I currently am, then certainly down the memory lane, where you and I permanently reside together

    these lines say there is no disconnect, and so there is absolutely nothing like reconnect..

    the fact is, at some levels of existence, there are no disconnects, and that's the reason people can understand each other beyond words, beyond all that manifests itself physically...

    Its a peaceful feeling, and a liberating one too....

    there are no disconnects... :)

    may god bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading so carefully and putting a thought to my words :-)

    To answer your question,"The word reconnect has a hidden pain, does it implicitly means there was a disconnect?" -

    No it does not implicitly means there was a disconnect? It only means that festivals and occasions provide a 'conscious reason' (I wanna refrain from using 'excuse')to connect one more time - the re-connect is in that sense!!!!

    Thanks once again and wish you and all your loved ones pleasant festivities.

    ReplyDelete