Monday, May 14, 2007

Lonely Self

A lonely evening with a coffee mug in hand,
A heart full of memories and times distant chant.
Come back the past recalls and move on the future reckons,
The mist of the evening and the mushy lyrics of the favorite ol’ song.
I walk back a million miles in search of what I lost,
Was it a thing, a feeling or just the unheard melody of the heart?
The longer the walk the darker the alley,
Until the present blurs out and the future fades away and the past melts too…
What have I lost? Who am I looking for?
My shadow seems to be a cast away and the mirror reflects blank.
Too late I realize, I am in search of myself, my own self I have lost
In the waves of time’s stillness a pain echoes back and tells me from myself I am bereft.

5 comments:

  1. very nice poem. it really is a reality with each of us...!!
    keep the good working going :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good one. keep the good work going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Geetha and Ankur...thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like it.

    Ankur: I have read some of your works...supreb sir!

    Geetha: when do I see you put your works up for readers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monica,

    I could not agree more with you 2 days every month......

    :-)

    ReplyDelete