Monday, May 14, 2007

Death - My eternal beloved

Death is now my beloved- it courts me everyday;
It makes its eternal presence felt each time in a different way!

I meet the death of innocence,
In the eyes of the beggar with a naked suckling;
I meet the death of honesty,
When the under table bribe is a routine thing.

The death of humility does not hesitate to stare blank in my face,
With indulgent hypocrites everywhere who never forget to say grace
The death of ethics and principles is the bold unstated fact
Whether its work or home or play it happens in every act

There is also the death of beauty, which kills itself in plastic smiles
Death of love, death of mercy, death of humanity…a new death every mile

When death is all pervading it hardly makes me shy
To hear the painful bellowing of the little child cry
I walk by with a hardened heart that has long forgotten to beat
Leaving the bleeding lil’ one to the care of the street

Isn’t that what a beloved does, trouble and torture the heart
Till all that pain and agony seems to be life’s natural part
Thus in a million ways I am courted by my faithful beloved death
Until I find I am already dead even before I take the next deep breath!

-Monica

6 comments:

  1. that was really good thoughts put
    across withs uch strong and sensible words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Madhurima for your appreciation. I am leaving this comment here as I was unable to access your profile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sab mare hue hi to hain Ishan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica I wish I could write half as well as you do. I feel so inadequate. But I am fortunate to have one such as you as my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, I sure feel ou underestimate yourself. I am sure the moment you take a pen all the intensily within you will start flowing, so please write. Ad thank you for your kind words. You remain my most dear friend ever.

    ReplyDelete